How do you resize photos to get them down to 150kb, I have been trying to use the resize function on Irfan photo. Pointers would be greatly apreciated
You have several options. I don't know what your operating system is, so I'm going to make some assumptions here. Neither of these two options will guarantee your photos will be less than 150 KB but they'll be so close they won't be worth worrying about.
If you have Microsofts Office on your computer you should have a program called Microsoft Picture Manager.
- Open your picture in Picture Manager,
- Click on "Edit Pictures"
- Click on "resize".
- Select "Predefined width X height"
- Select "Document small"
- Save your file
If you want a thumbnail select Email Small instead of "Document Small".
- Go to www.picnik.com
- Click on "Upload a photo"
- Select the photo from your computer in the window that appears.
- The edit tab should already be selected if not select it.
- Click on the "Resize" button.
- In the first box type "800" as the value, the second boxes value will automatically change. You should not change it.
- Click on "OK"
- Click on "Save and Share"
- If you want to change the filename do so.
- Click on "Save Photo"
Your file has been resized and put back on your PC, its now ready to be posted. If you want to create a thumbnail type "150" instead of "800" as listed in step 6 above.
man with wooden truck should be wary of "truck whisperer" with torch